Monday, January 11, 2010

Time to Make the Donuts

I have about 15 minutes for a post here this morning. I know, a Proper Blogger would have a backlog of entries prepared for publication on a day like today. I'd have plans and stuff. Of course, I do have plans, and I also have an appalling lack of follow-through. It's broken.

I left the light off this morning for my coffee and blueberry muffin. I'm sitting at my computer in the dark kitchen, searching in vain for the motivation to begin my day. Surfing the web is so much easier than living.

We had Marathon Project Weekend. Aside from the waffles Saturday morning, I made pizza Saturday night and blueberry muffins on Sunday morning. We ate out only once the whole weekend. This is huge.

I did about 72 loads of laundry including double-bleaching my nasty white bedspread, and Mark vacuumed and swept most of the house. I did dishes over and over and over. My hands are chapped; that's how many dishes I did.

Our biggest accomplishment? We finished building the gadget Burgundy needs to finish her science fair project. This thing took all our ingenuity, a circular saw, a skill saw, a dremel tool, and a sander. And sawhorses. We had to mount it on a ladder, and now she has to find 100 people to test. She got 10 last night.

Okay, that's it. Time to get ready for work.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a busy weekend. Enjoy that muffin and coffee - you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete