Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Housework Lists

Mark is gone on travel this week, so Burgundy, Holden and I are throwing parties and living the high life in the absence of his sobering aspect. Last night, Burgundy and I played Ghost Parcheezi. It's where you put all the colors on the board, and each player gets an extra set of players to manipulate. When we have three players, everyone takes turns manipulating the one ghost player. It can get wicked and quickly.

After Ghost Parcheezi, Hannah and Christi came over, and we engaged in yarny arts while hanging out. Burgundy studied for her Chemistry test. Holden had naked time and refrained from assaulting anyone with his urine.

This morning, I had an appointment with the doctor, and I stopped into the firm where we do our retirement investing. I still need to rollover my Roth 401K from the last job into my Roth IRA. Now Holden is napping, and I'm trying to decide whether to nap myself or do some more housework. I feel as though I will never catch up on the housework; ironically, it makes me even more determined at least to maintain what I've done so far. Happily, with school being out after next week, Burgundy is a little more able to help. A good thing, all in all.

I think that for today, I'll finish the diapers and start another load. I'll clean the Kitchen and do the Half-hour Housework Maintenance (H3M). I'll sort the mail and spend some time, maybe 10 minutes, on my desk. And somewhere in there, I'll take a nap. Oh, and I'll call the exterminators, because the darned fleas are here.

Completed:

  • H3M: Both bathrooms cleaned
  • H3M: Both bathrooms + kitchen swept
  • H3M: Spot cleaned kitchen floor
  • Kitchen clean-up: Emptied recycling, cleaned up trash everywhere, moved all dirty dishes to the sink, put away food
  • Mail sorted
  • Diapers washed
  • Change sheets and make bed (Holden barfed on the sheets I had just changed following his decision to pee on my pillow the other day)
  • Wash dishes and put away clean dishes
To-do (and here I thought I'd done so much already:
  • 10 minutes on desk
  • Vacuum carpets
  • Sweep living room and hallways
  • 2 minutes on crap-magnet
  • Grocery shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment