Friday, February 19, 2010

Let's Dance!

The girls are getting ready for school; I can hear them in the kitchen getting their lunches ready. They're listening to David Bowie on Burgundy's cell phone, and Burgundy's singing along, "If you should fall. Into my arms. And tremble like a FLOW-WAH!"

I am pleased as punch to announce that Burgundy took 2nd place at the district science fair this year for 9th grade Medicine and Health. After talking about it, we all agreed that she will go on to the area competition in early March. This will be Burgundy's first time at area, and it was her first time to win at district, too. I think that a big part of her success is due to her very large sample size; she tested 103 people this year.

Meanwhile, both girls started getting sick at the end of last week. It's ranged from isolated sore throat to sinus crud that almost completely obstructs breathing. I've felt a bit under the weather, but not as bad as the girls.

Because of the crud, Burgundy and I haven't run since Friday. We talked about it, and I think we're going to pick back up today and start over with week 4. I'll let you know how that goes.

Right now Mark is inspecting the lunches, and I've been informed they are inadequate.

1 comment:

  1. Those girls must be super talented and smart! Way to go Burgundy!!

    ReplyDelete