Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I Bought the Mixer

I know, not frugal at all. Not a bit. Maybe I should reassess this blog's purported mission: One woman's online drive to justify buying whatever she wants.

Still, I now own the mixer to nix all mixers. Even now, it's in the other room whirring around beautifully, kneading a double batch of dough. I should get 16 mini-loaves out of this batch, but I'll limit myself to 12 mini-loaves and one regular loaf.
~~~~~~Time Passes~~~~~~
Well, I managed 14 mini-loaves and a regular loaf. The texture and density of the dough out of this mixer is phenomenal. I am completely, utterly sold. In addition, it took about 90% less effort than the Kitchen Aid did. Was this a need? No. Was this a Family Want? Yes. Was it worth giving up my sock club money? ABSOLUTELY.

We agreed that once our e-fund has recovered from the bathroom renovations, I can be paid back all my saved sock club money. I might join the sock club after that, but then again, I might just have a big shopping spree on exactly the yarn that I want.

Or maybe . . . juuuuuuuuust maybe you will beat me I will save it for a rainy day. Meanwhile, I will have the best bread ever.

2 comments:

  1. I had a kitchenaid that I just loved, but then my husband thought it would be really great if I started making our own bread....he was even willing to fork out the money for a Bosch. You won't regret it - mind has made countless loaves of 100% whole wheat without a problem. Mine kitchenaid was great but it just doesn't have the power for that. I keep thinking I need to find someone to sell it to, I only used it a year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm glad I'm not the only one trading up from the Kitchen Aid. You're right: it just didn't have the horsepower needed. The loaves I made this morning were really great and had a completely different texture than the ones from the Kitchen Aid. It was just a lot of money to shell out at once, ya know?

    ReplyDelete