Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Well, It Went Well

The first day went well, although it was surprisingly long. I started with the orientation at 8:30 AM. Found out that my previous employer managed to botch my departure, and my entire profile has been deleted from the JSC system. I lost my e-mail address, my phone number, my computer . . . everything. The only possible silver lining is that with the loss of my computer, I once again have a snowball's chance of getting a MacBook.


By the time I finished my orientation and made it onsite to JSC, it was 11:40 and time for lunch. My new lead, K, treated us all to lunch at Mom Alone, a local Texican restaurant. I had a steak taco al carbon loaded up with yummy red salsa.

I came back to the office for the staff meeting planned for that afternoon. Normally, I won't work afternoons and evenings, but they wanted to introduce me to everyone at the staff. I'd worked over the phone and e-mail with many of the people there during Orion's PDR, so it was nice to put faces with names.

I left work at 3:00 yesterday. We decided that for now, my schedule will be 7:30 AM - 11:30 AM Monday - Friday. I really enjoyed meeting all my new customers yesterday, and I'm looking forward to getting fully connected with my e-mail, phone, computer, etc in the coming weeks.

2 comments: