Sunday, December 20, 2009

My House is a Shambles

But it's all for a good cause. First, the good news: JB finished hanging the cabinet and light fixture in the guest bathroom. And he painted it, and it looks good! We still need to do a little more trim work, but that's NOTHING compared to what he's accomplished.

In addition, he finished all the baseboards in the living room, foyer, and hallway in time for Burgundy's party. It looked SO good, and I feel so much better about my house having this theoretically little thing taken care of. Now I want to go paint the walls and the remaining trim in the hall and foyer so I have a completed, semi-polished look.

Meanwhile, yesterday he began demolishing our master bathroom. The tub is almost completely out now, and we're leaving in a few minutes to grab lunch and borrow Mom and Dad's big, scary truck. We're going to swing through Lowe's (or Home Depot; I haven't decided yet), pick up the bathtub, faucet and fixtures, and a new plumbing tree, and we'll be ready to go. I'm very excited about this. JB has warned us that it will probably take several trips to the store, and there will be some oopsies. I am AOK with this. I'm just excited that it's far enough underway that it has to be finished, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment